ACM-BCB 2015 Call for Papers
The ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health Informatics (ACM BCB) is the flagship conference of the ACM SIGBio. 2015 is the conference's sixth year, building upon the success of the first five meetings in Niagara Falls, Chicago, Orlando, Washington DC, and Newport Beach. Since 2013, we have incorporated the new area of Health Informatics in BCB and we look forward to its continual growth.
ACM BCB 2015 will be held in Atlanta GA during September 9–12, 2015. The conference offers a forum for premier interdisciplinary research linking computer science, mathematics, statistics, biology, bioinformatics, biomedical informatics, and health informatics. The past few decades have seen tremendous growth in the scale and complexity of biological and medical data. This conference serves to showcase leading-edge research on new technologies and techniques for gathering, processing, analyzing, and modeling these big data for a variety of scientific, clinical, and healthcare applications, from bench to bedside.
ACM BCB 2015 welcomes original submissions that have not been published or under review. Examples of relevant topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Behavioral, Environmental, and Public Health Informatics
- Biological Network Modeling and Analysis
- Biomedical Imaging and Data Visualization
- Clinical and Health Decision Support Systems
- Computational Systems Biology
- Epigenomics, Gene Regulation and Transcription
- Genome and Sequence Analysis
- Healthcare Data Quality Control, Privacy, and Security
- Microbiomics and Metagenomics
- Mobile Health and Sensor Networks
- Population, Evolution, and Comparative Genomics
- Predictive Modeling and Analytics in Healthcare
- Protein and RNA Structure and Function
- Proteomics and Metabolomics
- Text Mining of Biomedical Literature and Clinical Notes
- Translational Bioinformatics
Submitted manuscripts should not exceed 10 pages in ACM template on 8.5 x 11 inch paper (http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates). ACM-BCB's technical program committee will review all submissions on the basis of their originality, technical soundness, significance, presentation, and interest to the conference attendees. All accepted papers of registered authors will be included in the proceedings published by ACM Digital Library. Details for electronic submission can be found at the http://acm-bcb.bme.gatech.edu/2015/.
The authors of selected papers will be invited to adapt their papers for being published in a special issue of IEEE/ACM Transaction on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics(TCBB), a special issue of IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics (J-BHI), and a virtual issue of the DATABASE journal.
Submission Link: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=acmbcb2015
Paper submissions due:
Notifications sent to authors:July 10th, 2015 (Friday) Camera-ready papers due :July 29th, 2015 (Wednesday)
Due to the extended holiday in the U.S. and requests from multiple authors, we will continue to accept papers until May 28th.